The Department of Education website provides resources that are available for parents/caregivers to use for Learning at Home, with resources available for each year group.
Other activities you can do with your child at home to help develop their skills include:
- Reading: Complete daily reading with your child and ask them questions during or after. This could include stories or information.
- Writing: Your child could write a story, an information text, create a poster, create a comic strip or keep a journal.
- Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation: Practise any previous spelling words. Correct and practise any spelling, grammar or punctuation mistakes from their writing.
- MathsOnline Students have been provided with their own logins.
- Other learning: Visit the ABC Education site for learning in English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, The Arts, Technology, Economics and Business, and Civic and Citizenship. All subjects can be filtered by year level. https://education.abc.net.au/home#!/home
- BTN: Covers topical children’s issues (ages 8-13yrs) and has suggested activities https://www.abc.net.au/btn/
- Other resources: https://www.khanacademy.org/